In the CBD industry, we see exciting new products cropping up all the time. One of the more interesting recent developments is CBD syrup, a type of concentrated CBD beverage that’s changing the way that many users get their daily dose of cannabidiol.
But as with any new product, there are bound to be some questions and confusion. In this article, we’ll demystify CBD syrups, answering all the most frequently asked questions we hear about this exciting new development in the CBD world.
Is CBD syrup the right choice for you? Read on to find out!
What Is CBD Syrup?
CBD syrup is a unique form of CBD beverage. CBD syrups are generally highly concentrated and are meant to be mixed with another food or beverage rather than sipped or otherwise enjoyed on their own. They typically pair a high concentration of CBD with a delicious mix of flavors, allowing users to create their own custom CBD-infused beverages.
Although CBD syrups are, again, “highly concentrated,” they are not to be mistaken with CBD concentrates. CBD concentrates are typically in powder or wax form and are appropriate for a wide variety of purposes. Concentrated syrups, however, are always liquids and are appropriate only for oral use.
How is it Different From CBD Oil Tincture?
At first glance, CBD syrup may seem very similar to CBD oils (also known as CBD tinctures). Both contain liquid CBD, often with a variety of delicious flavors. But beyond that, these products are quite different from one another!
- CBD syrup is typically measured using a teaspoon or tablespoon, then either added to another beverage or swallowed directly.
- CBD oil tincture is usually measured out using a squeeze dropper, then held under the tongue for sublingual dosing.
- CBD syrup almost always comes in a variety of delicious flavors. In fact, that’s half the fun! By mixing your dose of CBD syrup in your favorite beverage, you can create custom infusions that are uniquely yours.
- CBD oil tincture also often features delicious flavors, but that’s hardly the main point. Unflavored CBD extract can have an earthy or even bitter taste, so holding it under the tongue is unpleasant for some users. For CBD oil, the flavor’s purpose is to mask the natural hemp taste.
- CBD syrup is concentrated and can often be quite thick. If you have taken cough syrup before, expect CBD syrup to have roughly the same consistency. This is one of the reasons why mixing CBD syrup into another beverage is ideal.
- CBD oil tincture, while thicker than water, is significantly thinner than your average CBD syrup. This owes to the vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, or other oil base used in the tincture’s creation.
For more on the specifics of CBD oil, check out our in-depth article on all things tincture!
What are the Benefits of CBD Syrup?
Like any form of CBD, users take CBD syrup for its potential benefits for a wide variety of vital health and wellness concerns. These include:
But, of course, there are some uses that are unique to CBD syrup and may make these tasty CBD drinks ideal for some users!
The main difference, as we’ve already mentioned, is that CBD syrups are specifically designed to be mixed with other food or beverages. Of course, you could always mix your favorite CBD oil in the same way, but CBD syrups have a few advantages in this arena:
- CBD syrups tend to be made with water-soluble or “nano” CBD, which ensures proper integration of your CBD dose (and flavor!) into your custom beverage.
- CBD syrups have a highly concentrated flavor, which allows you to customize the flavor of your beverage as you choose, even with only a small amount of CBD syrup.
We’re also starting to see some exciting, specialized CBD syrups emerge. For instance, CBD Living’s line of CBD syrups includes both “standard” CBD syrups and special “AM” or “PM” formulations, perfect for use at certain times of the day. As the market for CBD syrups expands, we’re sure to see even more customized syrups that benefit specific needs and lifestyles.
How Much CBD is in CBD Syrup? Is it Equivalent to Traditional CBD Drinks?
As with any CBD beverage, the amount of CBD per bottle in a CBD syrup will vary between brands and products.
However, CBD syrups may have an unusually high concentration of CBD by volume (at least when compared to traditional CBD drinks). This is important because CBD syrups are often meant to be mixed with another beverage. The high concentration of CBD allows users to reach their desired dosage without overpowering the taste of their preferred base drink.
If you have some experience with other CBD products, you likely have a firm idea of which CBD dosage works for your needs. Despite minor differences in CBD bioavailability, the same dosage of CBD syrup should be roughly as effective as with other products.
However, if you find that your usual dose is less effective when you take CBD syrup, consider the following:
- If you normally use CBD vapes, consider upping your dose by up to 30%.
- If you normally take CBD oil tinctures, consider upping your dose by 10-20%.
- If you normally use CBD edibles or drinks, the same dosage should work without adjustment; however, note that beverages such as CBD syrup tend to absorb more quickly than CBD edibles.
Ultimately, the golden rule of CBD products holds just as true with CBD syrup as with any other product: always check the product packaging and recommended dosage. And, of course, only buy from reputable vendors who can prove the contents and quality of their CBD syrups!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out and ask! As always, our knowledgeable customer service staff is happy to address whatever’s on your mind.